Super Seniors American Tournament Round 3
May 14 @ 10:15 - 12:00
We are delighted to announce details of another Super Senior American Tournament which will be run on the second Tuesday of each month from March to June 2019, 10:15 A.M. to 12 P.M.
The next round will be held on Tuesday 14th May
The Tournament is open to all members aged 55 and over. Some points of note are:
- Following each round, Tea/Coffee and scones will be served to participants in the bar and a BBQ will be served on finals day in June.
- Entry fee of €5 for each of the rounds September to November and €10 for finals day in December which includes the refreshments and lunch in December.
- If you are interested in playing you may sign up at this link or add your name to the sign-up sheet. Only the first 32 names entered can be accommodated (16 ladies and 16 gents), however, we will maintain a subs list in case anyone has to withdraw.
An explanation of how the tournament will work is provided below. As well as some great tennis we hope this will provide an opportunity to meet some new members and playing partners.
- There will be 4 rounds of the tournament including a final in June
- Each round there will be a draw for partners
- Each round will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- You must sign up for each round individually (i.e: signing up this month doesn’t mean you are automatically signed up next month)
- To qualify for the overall prize on finals day in June you need to play in three of the 4 rounds.
- Your three best scores are carried through to the final round.
- There is €5 entry fee for each round and €10 for finals day and in return, you will be given a voucher for tea/coffee/scone and lunch on finals day
- Home Instead have very kindly agreed to provide prizes for each day for the winning lady and gent and which will consist of top-up vouchers for your club card. As well as this, there will be a €40 voucher (random prize) for a restaurant each month plus a prize for the overall winning lady and gent in June.
Summary of Each Round
- The objective of each round is to score 24 points!
- Each game win scores you a point.
- You will play three matches of 8 games.
- After four games in a match, you swap partner with your opponent. So you will be playing with and against your partner.
- You keep your own score and register same at the end of each set.
- The individual Lady and Gent with the most points after three 8 game sets wins the round and will receive a prize on the day.