After receiving the good news that tennis will be returning on Monday 26th April please find the full guidelines released by Tennis Ireland at this link. Below you will find the key points of the guidelines. We are expecting further updates in the coming weeks but for now this the most up to date guidelines we have received.
All players returning to play must be paying members of the club and have their 2021 subscription renewed. This essential for adhering to guidelines and insurance purposes. The office will be open on Monday 19th April to assist you if required. Your subscription can be paid through your online Smart Club Account or via bank transfer also.
- From 26 April outdoor tennis facilities can reopen
- To access club courts, players must be a current member or a participant on an approved Tennis Ireland Programme
- Singles play is permitted.
- Double’s play is allowed if playing partners are from the same household.
- Clubhouse and other indoor facilities (for example changing rooms, showers, meeting rooms, squash), must remain closed.
- Essential toilet facilities may open.
- Gyms must remain closed.
- Adult (Over 18 yrs.) coaching activities must be limited to a maximum of two households per court. Players must remain in their own sections of the court.
Bathrooms will be open for essential purposes and the clubhouse will be serving tea, coffee, scones, pastries and toasted sandwiches on a takeaway basis only. We ask that all members be respectful of the guidelines in relation to these facilities. Masks are mandatory when using these facilities. Tennis balls, grips etc will also be available.
Seating outside is available. We ask that only one person from each party place orders and a contactless pay point will be available to pay by either debit or smart cards. The order will be delivered to your table by the bar staff.
We ask your cooperation in adherence to these requirements and hope that you will appreciate that your orders may take slightly longer than normal in order to comply with the requirements. We also ask that you continue to comply with the usual handwashing and social distancing etiquette while in the clubhouse and seated at your tables.
Finally, we look forward to welcoming everyone back and every effort is being made to ensure the continued high standard of our facilities and the fantastic atmosphere of your club is awaiting you upon your return. Hopefully, we can have a long enjoyable summer ahead of uninterrupted play in the sun.