On behalf of Sundays Well Boating & Tennis Club, a Charity Table Quiz event night was held last night in the club. This has become an annual event in the clubs social calendar & has always been well supported & successful. Last nights event was teamed up with the charity partner of the social committees choice of ARC House. This was in memory of a very dear, loved & respected past Club Captain Emma Crowley, who passed away recently, all too soon. With this charity partner & in memory of Emma, it was no wonder the bookings reached capacity in a very short time.
Our event night was very well supported & everybody there enjoyed a very pleasant competitive evening. Our MC & compare on the night was John Coulter. A great friend of the social committee, supporter & facilitator of past quiz night events in the club, all previously well supported, enjoyable & equally successful. With our charity partner of our choice-ARC House- a Go Fund Me Page was created to give the opportunity to those that couldn’t make our event night last night, but still wanted to be part of it & contribute. To date we have raised €2295 as I write this-truly a fantastic response-and we are keeping open the GoFundMe page open a little longer to enable further donations to a very worthy cause.
Before I close, I, on behalf of the social committee would like to acknowledge the following who contributed to making last nights event night the success it was.
- all of you, Members & guests, that supported us last night -a sincere thank you.
- those of you that made donations to the GoFundMe page contributing to our super donation amount -a sincere thank you.
- my social committee team – Norianne, Ger, Mary, Maura, Karen, Jenny, Noel, Tara & Niall -for you’re help, contribution, & good humor over these last few years in successfully holding various event nights & again for stepping up to the mark, giving your time voluntarily, you made last nights event the success it was.
- Dave & Lisa for your help & assistance of the those last few years , contributing to their success -a sincere thank you.
- Jacqui & her bar team for all your help, assistance & preparation that contributed to the success of each event – a sincere thank you.
- Claire, our Club Chairperson & the committee for your support & belief in the social committee allowing us to be creative with our events nights -a sincere thank you.
As last nights Charity Quiz Night closes the curtain on this social committee’s chapter, I would like to say that on my behalf, it has been a pleasure to serve our membership & club in the various event nights we held successfully over these last years.
My journey was sweetened by the Unfaulting support of a dedicated team beside me & we were able to make significant donations to local charities from successful events held.
Thank you all for sharing this journey with us.
On behalf of the Social Committee
Sundays Well Boating & Tennis Club.